Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Black and White and Red all over!!!

I have always loved the saying... "You wanna make God laugh?...Tell him your plans."  You can move this statement around to fit your religious philosophy or what have you...but you get the drift.  I've spent the last 3 months making someone laugh!  As mentioned a couple of post ago, I took a fall a week ago last Friday.  Nothing was broken and I was determined to plow ahead... and finally it caught up with me.  So last week I took Thursday and Friday off work and spent some time  doing things I haven't in the past 3 months.  Went down to Columbus and visited my daughter, went out with my girlfriends for dinner and drinks, went shopping with my other girlfriends, had a nice visit with my college roommate...and didn't get much done with Martha.  That said, I've not entirely quit working on her, just not going 400 mph, I took it down a couple of notches and unfortunately, I'm still not back to normal Cherie speed!  My knee is healing but I can't stop picking the scabs. The left knee is now a lovely color of purple/yellow, my cracked rib is still cracked and my side has a black bruise that looks like a ruler running down my side.  The worst part is my wrists and hands, I think I jammed them into each other and they don't want to un-jam!  So enough about me... and my whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  LOL.  I still retain my sterling sense of humor!  : )

So I'm happy to report that the Butler's Pantry is almost done... still need to put up the ceiling trim.  The floor trim can't go up until we get the dishwasher and that's been put on hold until we get all the kitchen appliances...so we can get a better deal.  It is absolutely wonderful to have a "kitchen area" to cook and fix meals in...LOVE LOVE LOVE the pantry.  Let's have a look...

 I had this old table that I didn't have any plans for and I needed something that would fit over the floor radiator... problem was that it was just about 8" too wide and I knew I would just jam my leg into that corner over and over so I just took the circular saw and cut 8" off... legs and all.  Then I put up a small block to hold it up against the wall and Voila!



Okay, it might not look as beautiful as it is in this picture... LOL... I like the mixed paint and chips and scuffs so it will work.. don't worry.  

So for fun... it looked like this....
and then like this...
and now it looks like this....

The floor has builder paper on it so I don't wreck it... until it gets stained...

 I love my red, white and black metal cabinet.  The top was in great condition and that's not usual.  The rest got a new coat of paint and I painted the door red...FUN!

So I painted this last year... on my "Eat at Home" phase... I'm still in it.  Just seems like you can really make it like you want it...Just sayin'





 Coffee Station... YUMMMM

 This is "Her".  That's her name.  She helps get me in all sorts of trouble and she needed to get over here asap!  She and Martha are besties!


 These are some of my great finds...





 I love this clock... more trinkets to help you giggle.

This photo collage is from my friend Blake... I can't get a perfect picture because the flash keeps going off but it is PERFECT!  It has a picture of Cherie's Cafe, Madison's Bistro, Miles Bar, George's Pizza and the Grifo Hotel in Rome!!! OMG... OMG... The most wonderful collage.  You must come see this in person!


So... here we are... it's not done and it's not how it will end up being but it is fun and functional and I will be happy to fix you a snack or dinner or breakfast or whatever... you just gotta get here! Even the mini fridge is in the pantry (where the dishwasher will eventually go) so it really is a Mini-kitchen right now!!!  

Many of you are curiously wondering where we go from here... A couple of rooms are getting moved on as you read...
Our bedroom is what I'll be working on next...
George will be finishing my sewing/art/craft room so we can move that stuff into Martha because we need to get the Harvard basement emptied!  
George will then be moving on to the "back Kitchen" where the crazy, sloping floor is getting an overhaul.
The heating guy is coming this week... hopefully it won't be too much of sticker shock!  We need to be able to give Martha some heat and I could use some as well.  So I'm just saying... if you need a cup of coffee, or a nibble of this or that, come on over.  I've got it covered! 

1 comment:

Blake Mercer said...

Can't wait to see it in person this weekend! Love it!!!!