Monday, October 7, 2013

SEW...what have you been up to lately?

Moving Right along... And to your left you will notice the wide expanse of fields and a barn...That barn was originally built in 1894 in rural Ohio by the...Oh hello!  I didn't know you had joined us.  We are in the middle of a whirlwind and trying to keep our heads on while 15 things are happening at once.  LOL... LOL... it's not that bad but it's taken a turn for the crazy!  I thought I should take a minute to try and catch you up to speed with what's been going on at Martha... Since we last talked the following has taken place...

  • It rained all weekend and I am happy to report that we did NOT experience any leaks!  The roof job worked!!!!  That is HUGE news and I can not even try to share how wonderful it was to not see any rain coming in through the ceiling on the third floor into the 2nd floor closet, down to the living room ceiling... and believe me it takes a lot of Cherie running upstairs to see and then going to check in the closet and then going downstairs to see ... I think I repeated this 3-step-look about 15 times!  Yaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • The sewing/art/scraping room is in its final round!  George painted the walls with Dry-Lock White Paint and I painted the floor with Grey Stone Floor Paint...Then my sister Shelly came over for a visit and I put her to work sorting and placing my fabrics and sewing goods.  Let's have a look, shall we?
 This was the corner that had a "plumbing issue" The floor was covered with a laminate wood floor and the plumbing above (the main floor bathroom) had leaked down and seeped into the flooring...lending a situation that no one wants to find themselves in...OMG... this is where all the maggots and  more were found.  As you can see they felt like "covering the pipe with insulation and some time of fabric" would encapsulate the problem...hmmmmmmmmmm.... I don't ever need to see or smell this situation again and neither do you!  Just believe me on this one.


This is a snap of the area so you have a larger picture of the room and the rolling, damp floor and moldy walls. As you can see, they had a bar area and the foot rail was fashioned out of a curtain rod... and at one time this was a "Game Room" and I bet it was nice...before the plumbing issue...  So this was ALL removed and gutted, ceiling included and the plastic wall coverings removed.


This is one of the old photos I got from that website 13 years ago... so they did have it looking like a fun area and then...I'm not sure what happened... even the floor was different...

So now it's going to be my sewing/art/scrapbooking room!  It's not the prettiest room in the house but it is clean and has the plumbing corrected so pipes go how they are supposed to run and no wrapped pipes or duct taped pipes...



I am happy to report that I LOVE my new sewing room!  I've already got some sewing projects to work on and as crazy as that sounds (like I don't have room to work on) I'm itching to get busy on the machine!  My sister and I spent a raining Sunday afternoon getting it together...









You're probably wondering why I'm working on a room that isn't "necessary" at this time...so here's the explanation... As you can see, I sorta - kinda have a lot of "stuff" for this room and this is only half of the "stuff"... there is more at the Harvard house... imagine if you will...lol lol lol... so all of this stuff was in the room we are using for storage and that room became FULL and the barn is FULL and we needed some more room to be able to bring more "STUFF" over and truth be told... I needed to be able to get a room "'done" that wasn't so much work.  It was a great break for me to see a room change from the worst room in the house to my new crafting space!  I find it interesting that I need to be able to be creative to be able to actually place things and putter instead of just drill drill drill... sand, sand, strip, sand, vacuum, stain, paint, sand again...hammer, sand...etc.  I need some quicker/faster/gratifications. So I guess every 3 months or so, I'll get to do an area that isn't so detailed or need sooooo much attention... I'm not sure that makes sense to anyone but myself, but it worked.  I'm ready to move on to the bedroom.  

Meanwhile, George has been busily working on the back kitchen floor situation... and I hope to get some snaps up of that later tonight.  So many things...so little time.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hope all is well with you and yours...and oh, btw... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MILES RAYMOND...it's hard to believe that 25 years ago today I was pregnant in the morning and had a bouncing baby boy in the evening!  I love you and I can't wait for you to come home and move stuff and work and do all the things your mother raised you to do!  HA!!!!
Peace,
Martha and Cherie




No comments: