Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It just doesn't fit - Part 2

I'm trying again...this will be where we left off...
 and then we go from there...to...

this...and from this to....
this... and then to ...
and we reach where we are currently...
That's right... I've got another sink in the HOUSE!!! No more washing dishes in the bathtub and pretty soon that blank spot will be filled with a dishwasher and I'm not talking about Moi! Highest hopes are that by Sunday this Butler's Pantry will be done and we'll be moving on to the Master Bedroom... that would be four areas done!  Well, mostly done.  I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be able to cook and clean and work in the same spot.  If Martha has taught me anything, it's that we take for granted so much!  I will happily settle for a "kitchenette" for a spell while other things move along and we finally get to do the kitchen!  The counter top may look familiar to you... it is the mate to the desk top we put in my office.  I feel so lucky to have found both of these pieces at The Habit for Humanity ReSale Store!  I would not be able to afford quartz counter tops any other way.  The gray cabinets are from Ikea and all's we have left to do ... continue mudding and sanding the walls, sand and repaint the new ceiling, paint the trim and put it up, install the dishwasher, do the tile work, stain the window and the wall cabinet and a few other little this and thats.   It's only Tuesday right?  We've decided not to stain the floor until we are able to stain all of them to maintain the same color so we have to cover the floor with contractor paper... but I'm okay with that.
It's super fun to put things on the shelves and it's all new things I've acquired since we got Martha.  Somehow, I have a lot of China on the shelves and I've not brought over any of that from our other house....I'm not sure George has realized that yet...no need to mention it now.  LOL
You might be wondering why we need to do so much work to the walls when we just put up all that drywall... I know I would, and the answer is simple...while trying to get the counter top in, it decided that it would like to see how far thru the walls on both sides, it could go!  So it's in and it's NOT coming out.  I would also mention that  that "special time" is one I'd rather not repeat in any form or fashion.  But I keep telling George that it's moving along and now we are taking care of what needs to be taken care of so let's just let it go and forget it.  (you have no idea how miserable that was and I seriously need to forget that)
I just love this room.  I wish you could come over and see it in person, I think you'd really like it too!
More updates to follow soon.
Thanks for looking in on us.
Peace,
C

No comments: