Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's the little things

I know it seems like I fell of the face of the blogasphere...and I'm here to report that I have NOT, I've just been out of town for a few days for work. So let's see what happened on Saturday and Sunday and while I was gone...
I want to start out with a special visit from our long time friend, The Wandering Troubadour... Bill Howell.
The first time he came to see Martha he instantly went to the staircase and said that we were going to have to get those spinals replaced!  Here's what it looked like...
So we have a total of 20 spindles that need to be replaced.  I was very skeptical that we would be able to get them matched and then Bill said that we were going to just "find spindles that matched" he was going to work on finding someone that would make them for us.  We he did just that... but instead of finding "someone" it turned out to be Bill Howell himself!  He has been busy working on Martha from a remote location and came down Saturday to see if they worked and get more measurements for the shorter ones!








 Lots of shots of the new spindles and you can see how perfect they are!  His work is impeccable!  Once they get stained, you will never know they were replaced!  I'm thinking that Martha has to be happy about this...lots of time doing things that don't seem like lots of things are getting done...behind the scene work!                                                                                                                      
 
Here we actually have a snap of THE BILL HOWELL installing and measuring and working!  What a great time we had and the best part was that I got to boss him around.  I really enjoyed that!
Meanwhile, I've been spending hours and tears trying to fix my rookie move with the shower handles.  After installing the backerboard and the tile, the handles are too short.  Home Depot, Lowes and more do not have the piece I need.  Finally, I gave up and said that I'd wait for my plumber... and he has been out on other jobs, which I don't understand but have found that outside contractors don't work on YOUR schedule...ugh.  So I've been working on 2 other spaces... the Minibar area between the Lounge and the Bedroom...

 The measurements are weird in this very small space but I need a 34" cabinet to hold the Mini bar and going to put in small shelves behind to hold the "pretty stuff"...  Had to drywall the back area and get the space ready











and George got that taken care of while I was gone... he just doesn't take snaps so I've got to get some taken this evening and I forgot!!!!... we had the ceiling in Guestroom #1 completely ripped out.  OHHHHHHHHHHHHHh the mess... omg... it was terrible and the mess continued into the entire house.  Ugh... 3 hours of cleaning later...
So, not as many big changes but lots of little things going on and let's not forget the Butler's Pantry... the new ceiling is in and getting painted tonight and the wiring and new lighting installed ...
So get excited for big updates...coming your way!
Thanks for checking in on us....
Peace,
C

No comments: