Thursday, September 5, 2013

A little of this... a little of that!

As I have stated more than once, the timeline thing does not work!  I know I said I thought the bathroom would be ready on Wednesday...but I typed that when I thought it was Sunday, not Monday, the holiday!  So to say the least, it's not ready but in my defense, I have been working in rooms other than the bathroom because some of the projects need two people...(is this working?  Can they hear me? What's going on?)  Like I was saying... I've been working all over the house.  LOL...
Let's just take a peek at some snaps and see what's going on at Martha...
 These are the cement topiaires I was talking about.  I guess I'm spelling it wrong but I can't spend another minute trying to figure that out. They all have lights and right now there are Morning Glories in most of them.  I'm not sure what I'll do with them for next summer's planting but for now they are so so so cool and when they are all lit up, it looks amazing!  Like a palace!  George dug out an area and placed the stone tile for them to sit upon and they are 8' apart going down the entire driveway!  Think about Christmas... I could fill them with HOLLY!  OMG... Love it!


 This is one of my transplants from our old house...she seems very happy here and she and Martha have become secret tellers. I smile every time I go up the stairs to the Veranda.
 Another driveway shot from a different angle. Look at the sky...it was such a wonderful weekend.  What I have noticed is this... I was so hoping that George would start to get into this project with me and he just seemed to be dragging his heals.  Now that he is "in", I find that he always pulls me from what I'm working on to help him or to see what he's done or just to take a break.  I have to remind him that this isn't a Union Job and he doesn't get automatic breaks!  One of the things that has been hard on him and on me is that I haven't been cooking.  George thinks we spend too much money going out to eat and I tell him that it's the same cost because I'm not going to the grocery store!!! So I have tried harder to have meals at the house and I am happy to report that we have had dinner on the Veranda every night since Monday.  I make dinner in a crock pot during the day and take it over there when I leave to go in the evening and around 7ish... we are having dinner.  Made some wonderful Chili from Garden tomatoes... these came from the rental property we have.  Oh yeah, that's another thing, George made me bargain with him on Monday... I had to help him with the yard at the apartments and then he would help me at Martha... I didn't like this at first but I did it and then it was all fine...but it does put me behind...sorta kinda...
Moving on... currently we are working on the Guest Room bath and the Butler's Pantry.  We might even get 2 rooms done in a month!!! WHAT??? That's right, I said 2 ROOMS!!! Don't tease in such a way... could it be true?  It could.  It might not...but I'm hopeful... here are some snaps...

 Butler's Pantry gutted and ready for a new ceiling and more!  Don't worry, we are putting the built in wall cabinet back but it had to come out  and get raised ...
This is the old way...

Oh the old flooring!  I don't even want to think about it!  

Another angle from the old way.
You might be asking yourself, "What was wrong with this pantry?"  Here's what you can't see in the pictures... The counter top was only 29" high.  That means it comes right to the high part of my thigh.  I don't know what they were thinking when they put this in but it certainly doesn't work for a person my height.  Perhaps they changed it for a "little person" and if that is the case, that was nice for them but it is not nice for the average bear.  This was a remodel gone wrong, very wrong, in my opinion.  And the base cabinets were just a jumble of non-matching, non-working messes!  This had to be brought back to a working Butler's Pantry and I can't wait to see it done!  It will act as my kitchen until we get a real kitchen and I can't even speak of that at this point.
 Here's a shot of the hardwood floor that was covered with 4 layers of old flooring!  It really is starting to take shape!  I love that we are going to use the original floor that Martha was born with.  I think she's happy about it too. This weekend the ceiling will be going in, and we are installing a ceiling light that I got at my favorite place (Habitat ReStore) and I can't wait to show you...mainly because that means it's done!  So once we get the ceiling in and the light up ( we have to run electrical to that because there is none) we will put the cabinet back up on the wall!!! Well, this is "The Plan" anyway.

Back to the bathroom... another thing about having George in the mix... "Oh Cherie, that looks great...I love the shower all tiled but wouldn't it look better if the tile ran all along this back wall? I'm not saying you have to do it, but it would look so much better if you did and it brings the room down without it!"  ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  For the love!  Okay... so now I'm tiling the back wall too.  I'm happy to report that it is tiled and I just have to grout it and we will get back on track... meanwhile, I started painting it... Let's look...

OMG OMG OMG... look at that!  I LOVE IT!  Are you starting to get the vibe of this bathroom?  I know I am.  My boss is coming in to town this evening and we are going to have a working dinner and so I won't be able to work on it tonight but tomorrow night is FRIDAY and I plan on staying up until it's finished so get ready to fall in love with this room!  I'll accept my awards on Sunday!  HA!
Well, that's all for now... I hope this finds you welcoming Fall and Sweater Weather... I know I am.
Thanks for checking in on us.
Peace,
C


No comments: