Saturday, August 31, 2013

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I know I can!

Special News Report:
             Financial News Section - Kentucky Fried Chicken Reports Slump in Soda Sales!  KFC reported that they were very excited when their Diet Pepsi sales really picked up starting in late June!  For some unexplained reason, those sales have completely HALTED! Spokesperson stated that "We saw a HUGE upswing in Diet Pepsi sales and were very excited to see the profit rise, now, for no  reason we understand, they have bottomed out!"  LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!
Sorry, I couldn't help it!  I'm in L-O-V-E with my new Luxury toilet!  It is so so so fun to be able to go the bathroom in your own house!  I want you to remember that and not take your toilet for granted.  It's such a joy to have and I'd be remiss if I didn't say a resounding "Thank You" to the things I take for granted. I even put it on my list of things I'm thankful for!  Just sayin'.

Moving on, so we have entered Labor Day weekend and it's going to be just that... LABOR intensive!  I don't know how many of you have ever put up shower backer board but let me just share that it is nothing like I thought it would be.  It is HEAVY HEAVY and because it has cement ground up into it, it is so dense and hard to drill and while this is wonderful for your shower, it is not so much for your arm, wrist, and shoulders while drilling.  There is also a huge freak out factor because you are drilling 5 holes for all the water spouts and shower heads etc.  I honestly will say this was the most stress I've had while fixing Martha...I actually went back to measure hole to hole 8 times.... If I messed this up, it wasn't going to be pretty and there is no easy fix for this and as an added bonus, the humidity is around 900! At one point, I looked up to the ceiling to see if it was leaking because water droplets were falling onto the board and then I realized that it was just me sweating and it was falling from my forehead!  UGH...George gave me his circle drill bits and I was just drilling and drilling and getting nowhere.  Frustration set it's ugly head on mine and I was about to give up when I thought maybe I should look at the crazy spinning thing to see if it was even working!  I made another mistake that grabbed it to tighten it and burnt my entire palm.  I sank down and cried.  Maybe I'm over my head doing this. Whaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  Self talk time..."Cherie, just go do something else for a minute...you can do this... you just need a break."  I went out into the hallway and removed staples and carpet tack for awhile... then I filled a bucket with WATER and washed the hallway trim and floor!!! That's right "bitches" (I say that with the utmost respect), I FILLED a water bucket with water and Murphy's Soap and washed my hallway!  

It was really late and the hallway pictures didn't turn out so I'll revisit that in the daylight hours but the picture of my water bucket was amazing! I then left for Harvard to go to bed to get some rest and rethink my project.  It had to be the circle cutters!  It just can't be this hard....on my lunch hour I went to Home Depot and talked with my new friend, Jeff.  He told me that the ones I was using were for wood, not cement boards!  Here.  You need need these!  For $17.89, I walked out a new woman!  I will beat these boards!  They do not own ME!  I couldn't wait to get over to Martha and see what would happen but I did have to wait because I had a meeting and a bunch of other work things to do so at 5:04 I drove over there as a woman on a mission... and look what happened...

  That's right... You see it!  There are 5 holes drilled in the perfect spots and that BACKERBOARD is UP!  Can you say UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP?  Yes you can!   So to fresh, remember this...
ewwweeeeehhhhhhhhooooooowwwwwwwwww...
and then it's this............
AND then it's this...........
Hello and HELLO!  Okay, so it's not done but it's UP and it's going and it's going to be completely amazing! So get ready for the next installment to be completely amazed and AMAZED by Cherie the magnificent tile woman!  You better buckle your seat belt... it's going to blow your mind!!!
I've got to get laboring so have a wonderful weekend.  Don't forget to thank your toilet for being there for you and have some fun!  I'll be thinking of you and excited to amaze you with more of Martha's beauty.  
Don't forget to stop by if you have a minute. 
Thanks for checking in on us.
Peace,
C
 

No comments: