Sunday, July 7, 2013

What a difference a day made...

Dinah Washington sings this absolutely wonderful song...


What a diff'rence a day made

Twenty-four little hours
Brought the sun and the flowers
Where there used to be rain 
My yesterday was blue, dear
Today I'm part of you, dear
My lonely nights are through, dear
(Since you said you were mine) 
What a diff'rence a day makes...
Had it playing today and couldn't help thinking how true...
Martha had a REALLY BIG DAY...and it made a difference.

I am happy to report that Martha no longer looks like an abandoned flop house!  


She looks so sad with all the boards covering her beauty!  I was so excited because I only could see the living room from the light of one window...and the room has 4 windows... and with the hard work of my very good friend Chris, we now get to see the real gem of this room...







 
OMG OMG OMG... LOOK AT HER!!! SHE IS SMILING AND HAPPY AND UH OH...SOMEONE DID SOME MORE WORK ON THE FIREPLACE!  IT WASN'T ME...REALLY.  C'MON PEOPLE, I'M GONNA GET IN TROUBLE FOR NOT STICKING TO "GUT WORK"... OMG OMG OMG... SHE IS HAPPY!  (THE FIREPLACE IS STARTING TO LOOK AMAZING!)   
Can you believe it?  All 4 windows in the living room are now WINDOWS... not boards!!!  

But wait... there's more...
Remember the library has 3 windows and we only got to see the view from 2...




And then we thought...why not really open her up?



If you thought that was all we did because...well, that was HUGE... Why don't you just come over here and sit down on 1/3 of the porch and let me tell you some more...


That's right, these key pieces are estate sale finds that I painted and recovered the cushions with some TERRIFIC fabric...that looks like this...


And we now come to the important part of the blog were I reveal my "design ascetic"  Please fasten your seat belts...Martha and I have spent some quality time together now and we have reached the critical point where "design ascetic" decisions must be made...  
Martha will be touting...

FRENCH COUNTRY MEETS URBAN HOLLYWOOD REGENCY!  

I know... I know... You say that can't be done.  It's too risky.  It's too much. It's a contradiction! It's a riddle wrapped in a mystery! And my gentle readers, it IS all that...and more, but that is the path that Martha and I are going to take and even if it's not a well traveled path...it's going to be a GLORIOUS PATH.  I just hope you're ready ... because we surely are.

Closing thought...Your thought... "I wonder if Cherie is tired, this seems like a lot of work?" To answer that I will share the following highlight... when GG came over after his games were over and rained out...we went to grab a bite to eat at a local pub and while we were waiting for our food to arrive to our table, I fell asleep.  LMAO LMAO... GG gently shook me and said, "Your food is here, would you like to eat or do you just want it boxed up and I'll take you home?"  He said that I answered..."Where's my tape measure?"  LMAO LMAO... I don't believe that for a second...but do you know where I set it down?

Good Night Sleepy Heads
Peace,
C

No comments: