Friday, June 10, 2011

Helicopter's On the Roof...

Okay, here's the deal.  A helicopter just landed on your roof.  It's picking you up and taking you to a deserted island and you have 5 minutes to grab the following 9 things... No questions, no exceptions, no "well what about....?"  here it is; you get 3 books, 3 cds, 3 movies... whatcha gonna bring?
Well, I think my brother came up with this game about 15 years ago.  We've played it over and over and I am amazed at how my answers have come and gone and come back again.  Currently, this is how my list plays out...

3 Books
1. The Joy of Cooking
2. The Book of Awakening
3. American Literature's Greatest Short Stories

3 CDs
1. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
2. Tom Waits - Heart of Saturday Night
3. Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones

3 Movies
1. Parenthood
2. Living Out Loud
3.Out of Africa

So, the great fun of this is how fluid it is.  You will ask yourself this over and over and some of your answers will change and some will never leave their spots.  I love it when out of the blue, you remember a book or movie and think..."Oh Oh Oh...no, I have to change it from that to this."  Later on you'll think, "No, wait...I don't want to give that up so I'll have to leave that one...hmmmm."  I just saw my list from a vacation in 2009 and out of 9, 4 remained the same and 5 had changed. Like I said, it's fluid. 
Now it's your turn.  Think about it.  What would you choose?  Do some come easily and others not so much?  Give it a try.  Write your list down and just put it aside...come back in a couple months and see what's changed.  It's amazing to see what comes and goes...and in 8 months it's back again!
Let me hear your thoughts.  Got any "Are you serious - You forgot to put____________?

Peace out my little list makers
C

No comments: