Wednesday, May 19, 2010

reading



 I've been on a reading frenzy.  I'm not sure I can list all the books I'm currently reading ... yes I said "books" as in plural.  On my nightstand is a book called Nothing.  It's a non-fiction, which is a shocker that I'm reading it.  I don't care for much non-fiction.  I figure that I live non-fiction so I'd rather read fiction.  I don't know if that makes much sense but it is how I feel.  I need more creativity usually but this book is very interesting.  It's about a girl growing up with no organizational religion.  Really really interesting.
On my IPod I am listening to The Septembers of Shiraz by Dalia Sofer... I'd give it a thumb up at this point.  It's about the aftermath of the Iranian revolution where a  rare-gem dealer is arrested, wrongly accused of being a spy. It's very interesting and different.
My book on the ottoman downstairs is The Lost Symbol.  That's where I read when I don't want to fall asleep.  I have wanted to read this for a long time and my friend gave me her copy and keeps wanting to talk about it and I haven't read it yet so I've got to get busy!  I have enjoyed the first two chapters. 
Why do I tell you this?  Glad you asked... I tell you to keep me going.  If I put it out there, it's out there and I have to abide or who knows what will happen.  I also would like to say that for once, I only am reading one of these books because of the cover.  I am a bad "reading the book because I like the cover" person.  I might make that a group to join on facebook.  It seems like a good one. 
Keeping with that I am now going to post my summer reading list...Let's see how many I really get through...
Here goes....

1. The Girl who kicked the hornets nest - Steig Larson
2. Home Safe - Elizabeth Berg
3. The Forgotten Garden - Kate Morton
4. People of the Book - Geraldine Brooks
5. A Reliable Wife - Robert Goolrick
6. The Last Girls
7. The Story Sisters - Alice Hoffman
8. Those who save us - Jenna Blum
9. The Price of Salt - Claire Morgan
10. Walking Chi - Tai Chi in everyday walking

So there you have it.  Keep me honest... keep me on this.  If you've got a list... let us see it.

Good reading  and good night
Peace out.
C



No comments: