Sunday, April 25, 2010

The best laid plans...

So today was going to be AWESOME!  Daughter was coming home to spend 2 days and hang out with her dad and me.  Got here when she said she would.  We did our usual putz around and sorta him and haw and giggle and bug each other and then her phone rang.  (This is my attempt at a sound effect) Dauh Dauh Dauh Dauuuuhhh.... "Hello?  Yes, what's wrong? What?  Oh come on...don't cry... oh okay...uhm...hold on"  She gets up and walks out of the room we were sharing and goes into her bedroom. 
Now this is where I have to say  HELLO... mother here!  I pay for that cell phone you're talking on. Now I didn't say any of that out loud but come on!  You can't shut me out like that.  WTF...  She gives me the look.  You know what I'm talking about.  You've seen it.  Soooo.  She has to go take care of a situation.  What kind of mother am I if I say no?  I'd be a monster for heaven's sake.  So she left here at 5:00pm and I don't expect her back until 3 or 4 in the morning.  I told her not to come home until the morning.  She says no.  I said it wasn't really an option.  She said no!  I begin to realize that I no longer have any control of my children.  They are now adults and make their own decisions and mistakes and good deeds and are good friends to their friends.
I guess that's not so bad.  Now for tomorrow's plans...first I was thinking we could get up super early so we aren't wasting the day!  LMAO.
Peace Out.
 


No comments: