Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pour yourself one too!

So many things going on that I'm not even sure where to start... The most mundane is my ironically the most exciting for me... THE COLD WATER LINES ARE IN!  Nothing to look at.  Nothing to see a "WOW" factor...but today they are doing THE HOT WATER LINES and then that will mean that I can use a bathroom in my own house!  Actually, I hope this is how it turns out, I've learned that it's best to not get too excited until it's a done deal.  So, that still makes it seem like not much of a change...
Yesterday I was really feeling down and realized that it was our 2 month anniversary with Martha and I only have 2 rooms done.  Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... then I thought about all the other things we've done and how far along we are and it just seemed like ..."you've only got 2 rooms done... LOSER!"  A room a month?  This will take FOREVER!!!   I also think that it's hard to live in 2 houses at the same time.  I can't find anything I'm looking for and I don't feel like I'm me when I'm at the Harvard house...more Whaaaaaaaaaaa!
So I focused on messing around last night.  I did some tiny things that I've wanted to do and will have to do again once I start on those rooms... for example, I Windexed the built in China cabinet and put some small items on the shelves. That made me giggle.  It's so pretty ...

Then I putted around and removed some staples from the floor in front of the Lounge ...
It looks better in person...trust me on this one. As I mulled around I tried to think of all the reasons to be happy instead of feeling sorry for myself...

I have 2 new best friends....
 This is Tanya and Kelly and they work here...

 and even though they shake their heads when I walk in and ask me what I'm doing now...they always make me feel better and they help me get the perfect things for Martha.  This place is amazing and if you are willing to dig a little, you get a LOT!!!  Things would not be happening like they are if not for this place!  Love, Love, Love it!

 George started scrapping the ceiling in the livingroom... oh wait, that didn't make me happy... he left the doors open and it went everywhere...
 More scrapping ....
 He looks busy but really, he's making a mess!

 We work differently, he says...ahhhhhhh, no biggie and then he proceeds to make a 2 hour mess and then goes outside and when I ask when he's going to clean that up... ????? He says... "Don't worry about it!"
Ugh...

He also made some holes...so he can fix them... I know I know... it has to be done but it's not a "happy maker".

I went to work on the bathroom....

You would not believe how dirty I was after cutting this down and removing the tile.  It was almost like I used the edger!
So there's not so many pretty snaps to share and nothing really looks like there is much happening but we are still busy at work and trying to make BIG BIG changes... I guess I should be smiling... instead, I think I'll just pour myself a scotch and get a cigar and sit in the lounge for awhile...

Thanks for checking in on us...
Pour one for yourself...
Peace.
C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you've got the curtains up in the master suite side room. what about the mirror on the wall? Is it up? btw....what's your wifi code?