Monday, March 21, 2011

A day in six words...

For the past couple of years I have journaled my day in six words.  I've written about it before and now, after I glanced the pages, I strongly suggest that everyone try doing this!  With everything moving so fast, it's easy to forget small days.  Think about it.  It doesn't take much time at all.  It's a wonderful journal to revisit.  I actually found myself laughing and crying and saying "aaahhhhhh" out loud while reading mine.  I consider it "Your day in a nutshell".  There are no wrong words and it will come to you much easier than you think. Thought I'd share a few of my highlights to get you going...

*Seeing you smile, made my day
*Car making that weird noise again
*My underwear kept giving me wedgies
*Kids home now, I feel better
*Cake fell, glasses broke, stubbed toe
*George chortled giving me dutch oven
*Sunshine arrived in full, so glad
*Garden growing, trees budding, I'm smiling
*Lost a friend, gained a spine
*Married to sweetest guy on earth
*You were here, now you're not
*Dusted, vacuumed, washed, dried, house sparkles
*Saw something bad,  don't remember it
*Heard 1st Christmas song of season!
*Going out to eat, so hungry
*What you said was so mean!
*Guitar Hero makes me a ROCKSTAR!
*Wrapped presents, so excited, can't wait!

So, there you have it.  Sounds simple because it is.  The funny thing about this process is that after reading every entry, I could totally recall that day.  Nothing out of the ordinary days... just days.  I think it goes back to  "the blue moments"... if our lives are to mean something, we have to count all our moments, big and little.  This is such an easy way to do it.  Just try it... You'll like it.

Thanks for all your notes wondering where my blogs have been...I'm still here just been a bit crazy.  I'll have my 10 for the month...just compacted. 
Peace out my fellow journalers!
C

No comments: