Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's gonna get bumpy...


Well sometimes it’s is a slow outpouring and seems to creep…other times I am a wide open faucet. It’s been a beautiful morning. Drinking coffee, listening to music that moves you to places you’ve forgotten to visit lately…the air is hanging so soft…I stop crying long enough to regroup and here comes another wave. They aren’t tears of sadness…more like tears of reunion. I just got back. How the hell are ya? Lyle Lovett singing NOBODY KNOWS ME… and I like cream in my coffee and hate to be alone on Sunday and nobody knows me like my baby. Uhmmmmm deep sigh… lots of thing to say about how I feel inside…Love makes you beautiful love makes you put everyone in front of yourself….and it’s okay. It’s so powerful it hurts and it makes you bold. That would be me and Terrance Howard mixing up words and song. I better clean this up so I’m not streaming into a Hot MESS!


This is gonna get messy so be forewarned and if you can’t read it with an open mind and an open heart STOP RIGHT HERE.


I’m not a Christian. Was one…left on purpose. With a purpose. I don’t begrudge you your religion. I hope you find what you need and what you’re looking for. I just don’t want to hear how I’m not good, saved, loved, an American, going to hell (don’t believe in Hell either) not getting a gold brick on my path to God and on and on. I am a Universalist. In the most sincere meaning I am for the Universe. I believe that there is a great power than myself. I believe it heart and soul. I have the best hopes for the entire planet. For every person living, I wish love and a sense that good will overcome bad. I believe we all will be hurt, suffer, not understand everything that comes down our path but without those things all the joy and glee and wonderfulness gets lost. It becomes mundane…same ole same ole.

Stop saying “Liberal” like it’s a bad thing. What does that even mean? Why is being Conservative good? If you have purchased a house, you’re in debt. It was probably a LOT of money and if you looked at how much money you’re spending on interest over 30 years it would be overwhelming…but you did it and it gave you something and slowly you pay it back and you have a home and made memories and consider it where you grow! Sometimes you have to spend money that you don’t have to get something. The Stimulus Bill put people to work. Republicans chant NO NO NO… I don’t want it. But you see them at every photo opt shaking hands with people who are getting jobs from this. You can’t drive anywhere in Toledo right now and not experience road construction… those people working on those jobs are getting paid from stimulus money. We have police and firefighters on jobs now only because they got government money. In turn, they have jobs so they can still pay for their housing, food and spending. The hypocrisies are so abundant I shake with fury. Conservatives want the government out of our personal business but want to tell you what you can and cannot do with your body. They claim to be PRO LIFE and kill a doctor in his own church on a Sunday morning. They want government out of business with no regulation and when they make a huge mistake, out of GREED, they want the government there to clean it up and they better get there sooner than they did and they better have a plan right now! They want to bitch about a non-Christian “church” being built 2 blocks away from a place where people of every creed, denomination, race and class were killed, but because it’s “Muslim” and you know those “Muslims”… they did this. Every single Muslim is like this? Really? Then is every single Christian a bomb maker like Timothy McVeigh? Well you better be ready to wipe the entire Christian Group with a rag that looks no better.

Why doesn’t everyone start looking at themselves for a minute? We’re all too busy with our own lives. We fill our calendars with Faustian bargains. We pat ourselves on the back for being “Good Christians”, as if there isn’t a “Bad Christian”. Time is up. Emerson said “What you do speaks so loud I cannot hear what you say.” This is how I plan on living. I also go back to Og Mandino…Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again. This is how Cherie Chatreau-Grifo lives. Come over and visit me some time. It’s a different place and full of possibilities…I hope I see you there some day.

Peace Out my pathfinders.

C

No comments: