Monday, May 24, 2010

Wake up!



Humility is a funny thing.  The dictionary says that  humility is the quality of being humble: modest, not proud, doing something out of the goodness of your heart, not for yourself, self-abasing.  When I think humility I think  it is perhaps being taught a lesson by having it smack you in the face in turn, making you humble.  I believe that I am going to have to get a new word that fits my definition... could I have been using the wrong word all these years? NO... NOT I!     YEP HAVE BEEN!

Maybe I'm meaning humble... which is : not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive, reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission or a : ranking low in a hierarchy or scale : insignificant, unpretentious b : not costly or luxurious ... NO this isn't it either. (said now like this...EYE -ther) I've been working on that. : ) I am going on a quest to find out what word I really mean... any way I digress. I have been smacked in the face by thinking I'm so righteous, saying and thinking that people should behave THIS way, when in fact, without knowing their story... I need to shut my freakin mouth and let it be. Is there anything in your life that could be revamped in this fashion? Oh my friends don't be too quick to say no! Sit down and think about it.
So as I sit in the emergency room in the hospital not 4 blocks from my home, I feel a wave of emotion cover me from head to toe.  Sadly to report, it was not one of fear or nervousness or even loss.  No No No it was much more arrogant!  I was thinking...what a waste of my day!   This is where you might be thinking I need to be humbled.  Oh but how wrong can you be?  I'll tell ya.  FRIGGIN FREAKIN WRONG!   That is not where I felt I should be more compassionate.  Oh no, it was when I was thinking that a friend of mine should be more compassionate with their parent and take better care of themNot me with mine.  I am here to report that I have been a saint!  They may name a medal after me this weekend.  Are you kidding me?  No, handing me my hat of humility was that thought I had last week...boy, I don't know what crap this friend has put up with... perhaps they've had it worse than me.   That is NUTS in a bag friends.  Don't you forget it.  So the next time you're up there on that horse, being all they should really take better care of their parents... just you think about how you are in these situations... but as you know, I like to end on a positive so I would like to share this final hospital thought with you... 
Hospital Scrubs were not made to be tucked into hospital scrub pants.  There are no exceptions to this rule.  There is not a time when we can let this pass.  There is no one that will benefit from you not telling them to untuck their shirt.  This is where the saying.. "Nothing good can come from this." comes.  The look one has when wearing their shirt tucked in and the draw string pulled tight is this... OMG... You have got to be kidding me!  I saw two outfits that made me fall onto the floor giggling.  Think about it.  Never do it! 

Glad to be back.  Thanks for you patience.  I missed you too.

Humbly yours,
C

No comments: