Sunday, May 16, 2010

That is the picture I see...



I have had a wonderful weekend.  The weather was a bit chillier that I hoped for but at least it wasn't raining and I was finally able to get half of my flowers in.  I am always amazed at how relaxing working in the garden is for me.  I feel so happy inside weed a patch, planting some color, filling a pot.  It been two weeks since the vegetables were planted and I can already see small growth and that's exciting!   What's not exciting?  Thanks for asking...
Cell phones in cars.  Well actually a cell phone is fine in a car, it's like the saying Guns don't kill people...People kill People.  A cell phone in the car is just sitting there, it's when the owner picks it up and talks on it while driving that causes my heart rate to rise.  And just for full disclosure...I do and have talked on a cell phone while driving a car.  I have even text while driving.  I don't like to text while driving and usually do it at the stop light but I have done it.  Of course, not since the new Lucas county no texting law came into being...but before that, I may have a time or two.  : ) 
Here's the beef... If you can't drive the speed limit while talking on the phone or if you can't stay at a consistent speed while on the phone or if you can't stay in your lane while on the phone...GET OFF THE FUCKING PHONE!  (I can say that, I am a member of a cuss club)  I won't even go to the driving/texting thing.  This evening I'm behind a girl who is on the phone, swerving, speeding up then slowing down then speeding up then slowing down I couldn't get around her because of all the construction but that girl seriously needed to be pulled over, had her phone ripped out of her hands and then smacked across the old pucker!   When I could finally get around her, I pulled up beside her at the light and was ready to say  "Seriously?"  but she never even looked over at me because she was so engrossed in her phone conversation.
I would love to say that I'm going to sign that Oprah Phone Pledge but I can't because I do/and will still talk on the phone now.  I will not text though and that is a small start.  I have pulled over into parking lots and text from there and moved on. 
Well now that that's off my chest... You should see my garden... it kicks ass!

No comments: