Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Connections

For the second time this year I have reconnected with an old friend.  I have some advice for you...why do we wait?  Both of my meetings have been absolutely wonderful.  At no time did I feel like it wasn't a good idea but I did wonder how it would go and I am so happy to say that they were both great experiences.    One friend was a college roommate who I hadn't talked with for 15 years.  Neither of us could recall a reason why we stopped seeing each other.   Time just happens and kids, work, and family seem to take over. 
I sent a Christmas card to my roommate with the hopes that she might want to reconnect or at the very least give me a call.  She called  the day she got the letter.  We set a date and time and met for lunch  and it was as if it had been 15 days, not 15 years.  It was so good to see her.  Hear about her family.  Just to hear her voice was great.  I highly recommend reconnecting.  
Tonight I reconnected with a friend that I hadn't seen in 30 years.  Guess what?   Neither of us could recall a reason why we stopped seeing each other. Time just happens and kids, work, and family seem to take over. We connected on facebook, picked a place to meet for dinner and drinks and hugged as soon as we saw each other.  Seriously, it was as if no time was in between our last visit.   It was so good to see her. Hear about her family. Just to hear her voice was great. I highly recommend reconnecting.
I feel greatly honored to be able to get the chance to reconnect.  With so many opportunities missed...it's good to have something found.  Reconnect!



 


No comments: